My Favorite Childhood Stuffed Animal

When I was little, I just couldn’t do without my favorite stuffed animal that was a yellow duck named, believe it or not, ‘Ducky’. When it wasn’t sitting perched on my bed, it was held protectively underneath my arm like a football. The duck had three small ribbon decorations hanging from its neck that were blue, pink, and green in pastel shades that bundled up into a small flower that had small pearls weaved into it. It was one of the most seen item in my childhood, as I had it with me in almost every picture of me in old photo albums.

My stuffed animal had pretty sentimental value to it. While I held it in my arms as I lied down to sleep or played “dolls” with my sister. I don’t think I would ever let my mom wash it as often as it should’ve been and I wouldn’t let any other stuffed animal replace it. Even though we had a whole couch of stuffed animals! I wonder why that one was a speacial. Or what made it so special.

That’s why I just couldn’t live without my yellow stuffed animal named ‘Ducky’. Without it I couldn’t go to sleep at night. Or I refused to more so. I think everyone, in there childhood, should have a favorite stuffed animal. I know I did!

3 thoughts on “My Favorite Childhood Stuffed Animal

1. I love how you describe Ducky because you used so much imagery and details! I love the ending too, but I don’t have one favorite animal, I have tons! As a kid, I just couldn’t choose which one was my favorite. I had a blanket as a kid that I would also never let my mom wash because I thought that it would become less soft.

2. My stuffed animals also had creative names like my stuffed animal dinosaur was named “Dino.” I too held my studded animals under my arm. It’s really interesting why kids like certain studded animals a lot and could care less about others but I will never forget the ones that did mean a lot to me. It sounds like this stuffed animal meant a lot to you too. Great post! Your stuffed duck sounds really cute. Please visit my blog at http://margaretb234.edublogs.org

3. This is so good! I had a doll that I could not go without either. I love the way you described it! I can’t wait to read more of your writing!